Lea Michele first won our hearts playing Rachel Berry on the hit Fox show Glee, and now the powerhouse vocalist is gearing up to release her first ever pop album. Lead by the single "Cannonball," the 14 track record, titled Louder, is set to release on March 4th. And lucky for you, we have already given it a spin. The verdict? Well, read below to find out.
Asking, “How could you leave me this way?” adds to the anger, hopelessness and betrayal Michele mournfully and hauntingly portrays, and will easily leave the listener with chills.
From the first note of G I R L’s opening track, ‘Marilyn Monroe,’ the orchestral strings consume the listener and its drop and sets the tone for what is a very sonically cinematic album. Pharell’s knack for creating danceable records is on full display on the record, and from open to close Williams makes you want to get on your feet and get down unabashedly. The highly anticipated collaboration with superstar Justin Timberlake entitled, ‘Brand New,’ follows, and the frequent collaborators shine as the duo’s duet shows off the chemistry that has spawned multiple hit records over the past decade. In comparison to Pharell’s debut ‘In My Mind’ the sound on G I R L is much more defined, and the lyrical content is more consistent and relatable and displays Pharell’s personal evolution, along with his artistic growth.
The last year has been very kind to Pharell Williams, and as he prepares to release his first album in nearly eight years, G I R L, the 'Happy' hit maker is offering a free, advanced stream of his new album via iTunes Radio. The 10-track album is star-studded with guest appearances from Daft Punk and Alicia Keys, along with pop royals Justin Timberlake and Miley Cyrus. Stream 'G I R L' here and be sure to grab your copy on March 3rd!
Ashanti is known for her countless R&B hits that have resonated with the ladies since the early 2000's. Her classic hits like 'Rock Wit You(Aww Baby)', 'Foolish' and 'Mesmerize' still remain fan favorites. She's also had a pretty solid acting career, landing roles in popular films like Coach Carter and John Tucker Must Die . With nearly 6 years since her last album, Ashanti has been out of the spotlight for awhile.
Big Gigantic's Tour Dates:
“The Night Is Young” Tour
The Music Farm
The Ritz Ybor
Nicki Minaj has released the visual to her latest single, Lookin Ass. In the video, dressed in black whilst writhing around on a chair, Nicki dons an au natural look as she rhymes about "lookin ass" dudes that she does not like. The video for the single came days after the undisputed top selling femcee in hip hop posted behind the scene photos via Instagram. The single is set to be featured on Nicki's third studio album, The Pink Print as well as Young Money's compilation LP, Rise Of An Empire, which is scheduled to be released on Mar.11, 2014. Check out the video below!
A lot of people just underestimate JT's star credential. It's easy to fall into the abyss of nothingness after a meaningful boy band career from the late 90's--just look at his fellow 'N Sync members. Unlike his boyband peers, JT was able to break free of the mold, shed the cookie-cutter image, and prove his musical genius through breakout hits and unparalleled performances.
- In 1993 and 1994, he was cast alongside future pop stars Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, JC Chasez and even Ryan Gosling for the now defunct tv show, The Mickey Mouse Club.
- From 1995 - 2002, JT enjoyed a successful run with the members of 'N Sync. He was the lead singer along with JC Chasez. Some of their most notable tracks as a boy band included songs like, 'Bye Bye Bye,' 'It's Gonna Be Me,' and 'This I Promise You,' all from their groundbreakingly successful, No Strongs Attached, album released in 2001.
- In 2002, 'N Sync disbanded for good, and there was an alleged rumor that JT's own rising fame had something to do with it. It's like JT always had this radiating star power from within, and well, we're glad he decided to pursue his own budding career in music and film. This guy obviously had talent.
- Shortly after, 21 year old JT came out with his own solo album, Justified, which radiated a lot of charisma and sex appeal. This is where his hit single, 'Cry Me A River' originated from, granting his first of many Grammy Awards.
- From 2004 - 2007, JT really took off. From his now notorious Super Bowl XXXVIII performance with Janet Jackson, to his second studio album, Future Sex/Love Sounds, JT really found his groove. He even got a shot at an acting career, landing roles in Alpha Dog, Shrek the Third, Black Snake Moan and Southland Tales. Songs like 'Sexy Back' and 'What Comes Around Goes Around' were all from his second studio album which saw immediate success. He also won two Grammy Awards in 2007.
- From 2007 to 2012 his own music career took a step back, but that didn't stop him from making music. For the most part, he worked on a lot more collaborations with other artists during this time. In 2009, he was featured alongside Ciara on her hit single, 'Love Sex Magic' and their duet stirred lots of attention. It even became a Grammy nominated tune under 'Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals.' But during this time, he started to gain increasingly more recognition for his good looks.
- Some of these accolades included: the 'Sexiest Man' titles by Cosmopolitan and Teen People magazine. It wasn't just the ladies who appreciated him, GQ named him the 'Most Stylish Man in America' in 2009.
- From 2010 - 2011, JT appeared in more films like The Social Network, Bad Teacher, Friends With Benefits and In Time.
- In 2012 he went back to the studio to work on his third studio album, The 20/20 Experience. On March 15, 2013, the album dropped to critical acclaim. Responsible for producing songs like, 'Suit & Tie' and 'Mirrors,' this album won JT two more Grammy's to add to his collection. His collaboration with Jay Z on 'Holy Grail' also debuted in 2013, giving JT's career another boost in the same year. He was featured again on the cover of GQ as part of the 'Men Of The Year 2013' issue.