A lot of people just underestimate JT's star credential. It's easy to fall into the abyss of nothingness after a meaningful boy band career from the late 90's--just look at his fellow 'N Sync members. Unlike his boyband peers, JT was able to break free of the mold, shed the cookie-cutter image, and prove his musical genius through breakout hits and unparalleled performances.
- In 1993 and 1994, he was cast alongside future pop stars Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, JC Chasez and even Ryan Gosling for the now defunct tv show, The Mickey Mouse Club.
- From 1995 - 2002, JT enjoyed a successful run with the members of 'N Sync. He was the lead singer along with JC Chasez. Some of their most notable tracks as a boy band included songs like, 'Bye Bye Bye,' 'It's Gonna Be Me,' and 'This I Promise You,' all from their groundbreakingly successful, No Strongs Attached, album released in 2001.
- In 2002, 'N Sync disbanded for good, and there was an alleged rumor that JT's own rising fame had something to do with it. It's like JT always had this radiating star power from within, and well, we're glad he decided to pursue his own budding career in music and film. This guy obviously had talent.
- Shortly after, 21 year old JT came out with his own solo album, Justified, which radiated a lot of charisma and sex appeal. This is where his hit single, 'Cry Me A River' originated from, granting his first of many Grammy Awards.
- From 2004 - 2007, JT really took off. From his now notorious Super Bowl XXXVIII performance with Janet Jackson, to his second studio album, Future Sex/Love Sounds, JT really found his groove. He even got a shot at an acting career, landing roles in Alpha Dog, Shrek the Third, Black Snake Moan and Southland Tales. Songs like 'Sexy Back' and 'What Comes Around Goes Around' were all from his second studio album which saw immediate success. He also won two Grammy Awards in 2007.
- From 2007 to 2012 his own music career took a step back, but that didn't stop him from making music. For the most part, he worked on a lot more collaborations with other artists during this time. In 2009, he was featured alongside Ciara on her hit single, 'Love Sex Magic' and their duet stirred lots of attention. It even became a Grammy nominated tune under 'Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals.' But during this time, he started to gain increasingly more recognition for his good looks.
- Some of these accolades included: the 'Sexiest Man' titles by Cosmopolitan and Teen People magazine. It wasn't just the ladies who appreciated him, GQ named him the 'Most Stylish Man in America' in 2009.
- From 2010 - 2011, JT appeared in more films like The Social Network, Bad Teacher, Friends With Benefits and In Time.
- In 2012 he went back to the studio to work on his third studio album, The 20/20 Experience. On March 15, 2013, the album dropped to critical acclaim. Responsible for producing songs like, 'Suit & Tie' and 'Mirrors,' this album won JT two more Grammy's to add to his collection. His collaboration with Jay Z on 'Holy Grail' also debuted in 2013, giving JT's career another boost in the same year. He was featured again on the cover of GQ as part of the 'Men Of The Year 2013' issue.
Lest we forget that men need love and support just like the rest of us, Gentlemen’s Quarterly (GQ) initiated the GQ 2013 Gentlemen’s Fund to raise awareness for issues paramount to modern men and supports the charities that back these causes.
To raise money for this gentlemanly cause, GQ presents the first-ever Gentlemen Give Back Concert with a special performance by Robin Thicke, and music by DJ Ruckus, at the Highline Ballroom for one night only. GQue-up for this concert and become an agent of change for men around the world.
Don't know what events are going on today, Friday Sept 6, for Fashion Week? Don't worry we have you covered!
What: Join Vogue and H&M at Omar’s for their "Between the Shows" party.
When: Friday, September 6th, 7-10pm
Where: Omar's Restaurant- 21 W 9th St, New York, NY 10011
i-D Magazine Party
What: Celebrating i-D Magazine's September issue release.
When: Friday, September 6, 10pm
Where: ACE Hotel- . 20 W 29th St New York, NY 10001
What: Designer Jason Wu (celebrates the conclusion of the Spring/Summer Presentation.
The year of Beyonce has arrived. The diva shows how much she is here to stay, as one of the sexiest women of the 21st century. As part of GQ's list of "The 100 Sexiest Women of the 21st Century," Beyonce, who was photographed by famed photog Terry Richardson, starts off the list. Bey wears a sexy cropped football tee and red leapard panties with zippers, accessorized with a gold belly chain and chain linked jewelry.
We love personal style and a vintage item here and there, but a little borough we call Brooklyn has officially taken it too far. GQ released their 40 worst dressed cities list and our little friend BK ranked #11 out of 40. [enter sad face]
GQ writes, "..some of the most indefensible style terrorists known to modern man. They're easily identifiable. Just head to Bedford Ave. and look for a D.A.R.E. T-shirt, a handlebar 'stache, and disintegrated Chucks. Or, should you be hard of sight, let your nose lead the way. They wear their ripe stench with disaffected pride."
So often, men are thoughtless when it comes to the area of fashion. Simply, because it's easier. We here at Joonbug figured we'd spend a little time today doing some of the work for you.
Often times in department stores we see men grabbing and paying for shirts not knowing if they actually fit or if the cut is suitable to their shape. Their answer for this is usually to go "big or go home" (buying shirts or pants too big or loose). Due to this, we see many men clumsily walking around in over-sized suits and shirts. We've heard some say that to wear something closer to the skin would result in a sort of emasculation or take away from themselves as men. We are here to say, Not So! The precision of a well-tailored suit and/or shirt is both eye-catching, a sign of confidence, something we all find attractive and appreciate. Another excuse is the cost of having something specifically tailored to your individual body shape. It can be costly, but you can help yourself by knowing your measurements: neck, chest, arms, waist, legs. You could get more detailed with thigh and bicep measurements with no problems. Just think, you'd only have to do this once and tape it to something or keep it somewhere handy. Therefore anytime you want to go out to pick up a new suit or shirt, you have your own guide to assist you.
If still unclear, here are a couple of articles and visual aides from GQ we thought might help you out.
Congratulations DC. The Columbia Room has landed on the GQ’s 25 Best Cocktail Bars in America list at number eighteen. So while you have been hard at work with those government documents the Columbia Room has been working hard to mellow you out.
Columbia Room’s Derek Brown is the man behind the drink creations. A craft honed in Japan among the world’s most precise bartenders there is nothing to fear from Brown’s ice cutting cleaver. Only open three nights a week GQ finds the only reward is, “the best martini in America.” This is not any martini. The gin is stored in a medical freezer, poured in a crystal glass the thermometer must read between 29-31 degrees before it is served.