I must confess I never thought of saving earth by going to a club before. I first heard of the Greenhouse club because it was a gorgeous, fancy place. Then I realised how special this space is. It is nothing but he first eco-friendly, LEED* registered nightclub in New York designed by Nightlife impresario Jon B.
Check out these amazing lights ! This is something between Alice in Wonderland and Saturday Night Fever. Every thing is recycled and can be recycled as you can see.
LEED certification of Greenhouse nightclub is a designation granted by the U.S. Green Building Council for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design whereas:
- Everything from building materials and garbage disposal, energy and water usage are regulated and reduced.
- Walls and floors are made of sustainable bamboo.
- LED light bulbs are used which use 1/13th of the energy of a regular light bulb.
- Staff uniforms are made in Africa by Edun, a clothing company owned by Bono and his wife, Alison Hewson.
- Electricity for the sound system and the rest of the club is 100% wind-powered.
- Even the toilets save 15,000 gallons annually.