420 weekend is right around the corner and what better way to spend it than in the club dancing to the beats of Bassjackers at MIXX Nightclub in Atlantic City, NJ? Plus, if you aren’t too burnt out from the weekend, and we’re betting you won't be, Steve Aoki will be performing at mur.mur as part of the Borgata Nightlife I [Heart] House Electronic Music Series. Check out details below.
So what that it's Monday?! I like to think of Mondays as a good day. Mainly because my first thought every Monday is that my life may drastically change (in a good way), and that I had an entire weekend to discover new music. With that said, the playlist for this week is dedicated to cover songs! Sure, these songs are already killer in their original form but we've rounded up some seriously talented artists that put a new spin on each song. You'll hear an amazing mix of melodic Dubstep and Trap, RnB, and overall, just straight up good music.
2. Timeflies- Glad You Came
3. The Weeknd- High For This (Ellie Goulding Cover)
4. One Republic- If I Lose Myself (Colin Cover)
The 55th Annual Grammy Awards have just about everyone in serious anticipation. From the recently revealed nominees, there were a few surprises, givens, and of course, scandals. But while we're making our predictions list before the show airs on February 10, we want to share some of our faves to remind us of what a year 2012 was for music!
1. M83- Midnight City (Eric Prdyz Private Mix)
2. No Doubt- Push and Shove (feat. Busy Signal, Major Lazer)
3. Fun.- We Are Young
4. Skrillex- Bangarang feat. Sirah
5. Kanye West- Mercy (feat. 2 Chainz, Pusha T, Big Sean)
6. Carly Rae Jepsen- Call Me Maybe
7. Nas- Daughters
Whether we'll ever admit it or not... we're kinda addictied to some Top 40 songs out there. They blast across radio stations but luckily, for all the EDM aficionados out there, you can rely on those who take those radio tunes and put a twist on them. Whether it be a dubstep or electro beat--these remixes can easily be added to your guilty pleasure playlists!
1. Ke$ha - Die Young (Dallas K Remix)
2. Taylor Swift - I Knew You Were Trouble (PHYNX Remix)
3. Rihanna- Diamonds (Congorock Remix)
4. Bruno Mars - Locked Out Of Heaven (EY3LEX REMIX)
5. Justin Bieber feat. Nicki Minaj - Beauty And A Beat (DJ Igor PradAA Remix)
It's no doubt that electronic music has caught the attention of the masses. Since the recent explosion of the genre in 2011, it seems that just about everyone has embraced it. Whether its 'deep house' to 'tropical trap rap' to 'moombahton' the genres continue to expand with a now more than ever diverse roster of seriously mind bending choices. We rounded up a mix of twelve songs that are worthy of so much play time it's ri-dic-u-lous.
Although it's more than one month away, we're gearing up for New Year's Eve here at Joonbug.com, especially after our exciting announcement today that DJ Mag's number one DJ, trance sensation, Armin van Buuren will be headling THE best New Years Party on deck to close out 2012 at Pier 36. Snag your tickets and tables here, and listen to these van Buuren spun grooves to get you in the mood:
2. Armin van Buuren- Imagine
Yet again, Monday dawns on us, however, we're readying up for Halloween weekend which has quickly crept upon us. Whether you are mixing with mischeif makers at a revelrous get together or dabbling into your inner devilish side, this Halloween inspired playlist comes with a vampish twist to set the mood for a debacherous night! Still no set plans? Joonbug's got you covered so don't forget to check out the extended list of parties here!
1. Big Bad Wolf- Duck Sauce
2. Thriller-Michael Jackson (Audio Jacker Remix)
3. Ghost Busters- Ray Parker Jr. (DJ Jacob Kitchen Remix)
4. Highway To Hell - AC/DC (SOLOVOX Remix)
5. Superstition-Stevie Wonder (Gooffee Remix)
6. I Put A Spell On You- Screamin' Jay Hawkins (RAFII Remix)
We are all guilty of having a case of the Monday's every once in a while. When your gearing up for the weekend ahead, it's best to accompany those thoughts with some energetic tunes. This week's playlist is compiled of huge dance tracks (old and new) that will make your week just a little bit better.
1. Ellie Goulding-I Need Your Love (Feat. Calvin Harris): This track is just destined to be a club anthem for the coming year. Harris' mellifluous producing skills shine alongside Gouldings vocals. The release date is set for the US soon!
2. Martin Solveig- The Night Out (Madeon Remix): Anything Madeon touches is just pure music bliss. At such a young age, he has proved to be a bulldozing force in the EDM world and has done it with such ease.