The New Years Eve party at the Fontainebleau in Miami Beach made Askmen.com’s list of the top 10 NYE parties in Miami. Performing live will be the world renown super DJ himself; TIESTO. Usher in the new decade with a BANG! Click here for full details.
New York native Wynter Gordon will be playing a special live performance at BLVD this New Year's Eve. Check out what's on her mind for New Year's Eve.
Who is your celebrity crush?
I def have a cougar crush on Tay Tay (Taylor Lautner)!
If you were stuck alone on a deserted island who would you want to be stuck with?
I’d want my little brother my sister and nephew and few choice friends .. if Bear Grylls could join us, don't think we’d be stuck very long.
The holidays are time to relax and go out with friends, family, and co workers, but don't let your nights be the talk of the town on Monday morning! Here's a few tips to breeze through into 2011:
1. The work party: having worked many holiday parties in the past week, nothing has been less attractive than those that cannot even make it out standing. DO NOT DRINK TOO MUCH. Most work sponsored events have open bar, but go in with a plan to only have 3-4 drinks, or 4-5 if a meal is being served. (Obviously less if you're a lightweight). Avoid being the center of gossip Monday morning, and actually enjoy spending time with friends, instead of time with the bottle (or toilet!).
So we got you around town on the Subway and let you know where to hang out while you wait for the ball to drop and now it's time to tell you how to get from New York's crazy airports to the heart of Midtown without getting lost (or having to take an expensive taxi).
From New York's LaGuardia Airport (Astoria, Queens):
LaGuardia (LGA) is the trickiest in terms of transportation. Serving mostly domestic carriers, LaGuardia is the smallest of New York City's major airports, but also causes the least amount of headaches in terms of on time arrivals and departures.
The celebrities are out New Year's Eve at some of the hottest spots from New York to Sin City to anywhere in between.
Heres a list of where the cameras will be flashing a tad bit more:
1. Ryan Seacrest- Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve, New York
2. Carmen Electra- TAO at the Venetian, Las Vegas
3.Jay-Z and Coldplay- The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas NYE concert
4. Pete Wentz- CIROC Vodka for E!, Chicago
Make your New Years Eve one to remember, in a GOOD way, with these nightlife essentials for NYE 2011!
2. Little black gloves. They're tiny enough to fit in your bag, they'll keep you a lot warmer than bare hands when you're bar hopping, and you can find them for 50 cents to $1 so you won't be bummed if you lose them.
3. CASH. Since most parties on New Years Eve are a fixed cover price with open bar, you'll need some cash to tip your bartenders, and pay for coat check. In the event that you're not at a bar/club that had a cover, it's 500 million times easier to pay for drinks without having to worry about a tab (or something else catching your name and putting their drinks on your tab!)
Since its creation in 1956, Eden Roc Renaissance has been THE most celebrated hotel. Nestled right on Millionaire's Row (right by the Atlantic!), Eden Roc has a luxurious, constant red carpet feel. After a $200 Million renovation that was completed in 2008, they have every reason to. From oldschool Hollywood, Eden Roc played house with the Ricardos on I Love Lucy, and has held continued success through the years to now host top celebs like Madonna and George Clooney. Recent sightings even included Holly Madison and Drake, as this hotel has been a go-to hotspot for young trendsetters and all of the new celebrity elite.
The icy breeze that not even shoulder to shoulder stiffness can bring warmth to. The vibrant multicolored streamers, confetti and blissful celebration that's heard at the strike of midnight around the world. Traditions are different but the countdown is not.
All take notice of New Year's Eve, and for good reason. The new year brings a new beginning, change and the hope that this year could be the year.
The ball drop's 1907 premiere in Times Square marks the headquarters on where to tune in on Dec. 31. Others are rejoicing in every direction though and hopefully, EarthCam will be back for its 15th year in broadcasting what all have to offer.
Little know fact. Using the word "champagne" on a wine bottle is forbidden by law unless the grapes used are actually from the Champagne region in France and, of course, go through a secondary fermentation in the bottle that produces those bubbles that we love. Although US wine producers use the méthode traditionelle or traditional method, the same method authentic champagne producers use, we recognize them here as sparkling wines. Luckily for us, there are tons of delicious American-made choices available on the market and they are all very affordable. Read on to find out how to serve sparkling wine, what to pair it with and some recommendations on what to buy for your New Year's Eve bash.
Now pork has kind of been on my brain so a lot of these recipes have to do with pork (I'm a meat kind of girl). This one combines delicious spice rubbed pork with pesto sauce and a crunchy crust. Yum!
I won't bore you with a bunch of hoo-ha, this recipe is good (everything from the Food Network usually is) and surprisingly easy.
For the pork:
5 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves stripped
3 sprigs fresh marjoram, leaves stripped
1 clove of garlic
3 cups of potato chips (low-sodium for the health conscious)
2 lbs bone-in, center-cut pork loin roast