If you consider yourself a whisky enthusiast and music fan too, then this is for you. Jameson Irish Whisky and the Fest guys who brought you Dylan Fest and Stones Fest are amped to announce a series of landmark shows: Petty Fest NYC, Petty Fest LA and Petty Fest SF.
The Fests have become a New York tradition offering an experience that’s equal parts concert and celebration. Having started in the same close-knit Lower East Side bars that adopted Jameson as their drink of choice back in the early 90s, the Fests are everything a Jameson night embodies, good friends coming together for their love of brown spirits and good beats.
The Bowery Ballroom and Music Hall of Williamsburg have just announced they will host "Petty Fest 2011" on October 5 & 6. The event will feature musical performances by Norah Jones, Ryan Miller (Guster), and Jody Porter (Fountains of Wayne). Comedy personalities Will Forte, Justin Long and Alia Shawkat (Arrested Development) will also be performing, presumably giving the evening a fun, if not ironic, atmosphere. Forte has performed with Guster before, though, so perhaps he's had some singing lessons in the meantime.
- Devendra Banhart @ Terminal 5
- Ray Lamontagne and David Gray@ Jones Beach Band Shell
- Brahms @ Mercury Lounge
- Crosby Stills & Nash @ PNC Bank Arts Center
- Jonah Smith @ Highline Ballroom
- Tears for Fears @ Hammerstein Ballroom
- Crystal Stilts @ Bowery Ballroom
- Ke$ha @ Roseland Ballroom
- Kiss with The Academy Is… @ PNC Bank Arts Center
- Incendiary @ The Gramercy Theater
- Das Racist @ Glasslands
- Crosby Stills & Nash @ Jones Beach Band Shell
- Juliana Theory @ Highline Ballroom
- Theophilus London @ Webster Hall
Harper’s Ferry, Allston, MA
- Wed. Aug 18th- Lee “Scratch” Perry
- Thur. Aug 19th- Stingray’s 5th Anniversary Part feat. The Welch Boys, Old Crow & The 45’s, 100th Monkey Effect, Matalon
- Fri. Aug 20th- Jay Brannan
- Sat. Aug 21st- Styles P
- Sun. Aug 22nd- The Flyrydaz
- Mon. Aug 23rd- Chiddy Bang
- Tue. Aug 24th- Embassy of Vines, with The Brightest Lights, Pride of the Atlantic, and Sun of Sound
Bank of America Pavillion, Boston, MA
- Wed. Aug 18th- Ray LaMontagne and David Gray with Serena Ryder
- Thur. Aug 19th- Sublime with Rome
Nearly three decades since his tragic death of lung cancer, Beatles’ star George Harrison will have a new collection of his best-loved songs hit the racks in June.
The compilation will feature music from Harrison’s solo career, like “My Sweet Lord”, “Isn’t It A Pity”, “Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)” and “Got My Mind Set On You”. The album titled, “Let It Roll: Songs By George Harrison”, will also feature Beatle tracks from his 1971 Concert For Bangladesh; “Something”, “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” and “Here Comes The Sun”.