This May 6-9 (which just happens to be Mother's Day Weekend) there will only be one sin dominating Vegas, and I think it's one that even our moms can get on board with, just this once at least: Gluttony.
Over the 2010 Mother's Day Weekend, Sin City will play host to the delectable Vegas Uncork'd, presented by Bon Appetit. Four days, thirty events, fifty renowned chefs, and more deliciousness than your taste buds can handle. That doesn't sound like such a bad thing, now does it?
Vegas is one of the top gastronomical centers of the United States, but many people forget the incredible array of celebrated chefs and award winning restaurants that all call Vegas their home. Or maybe they're just too drunk to remember sampling them, or too hungover to even enjoy them.
Vegas Uncork'd is here to remind America of the amazing culinary scene in Las Vegas (if the awe from last season's of Top Chef has worn off already, that is). The celebration has quickly become one of the fastest growing epicurean events in the country, with ticket sales seeing a 17% increase last year, and it is for good reason. Vegas offers a unique blend of food, gaming, and entertainment that no other city can even come close to matching.
"Vegas Uncork'd Presented by Bon Appetit celebrates our culinary scene in a way unique to Las Vegas," said Cathy Tull, the senior VP of marketing for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, one of the events sponsors. "It appeals to visitors drawn to top-tier epicurean experiences as well as the world-class resort atmosphere Las Vegas offers."
"Each year, the program continues to build off its own momentum. As we enter into our fourth annual event, the growth continues as everybody spreads the word that the combination of Las Vegas and its top culinary talent presents an epicurean festival not to be missed," said Rob O'Keefe, the executive director of Vegas Uncork'd.
And here are the top ten events you truly don't want to miss at the 2010 Vegas Uncork'd.
- Ultimate All-Star Interactive Luncheon: Step into the kitchen and play sous-chef to an all-star lineup of Wynn Las Vegas and Encore Las Vegas chefs at this incredible interactive luncheon at Wynn/Encore with Paul Bartolotta, Frederic Robert, Alex Stratta and David Walzog
- Grand Tasting at Caesars Palace: A delectable evening featuring 50 restaurants and 50 vintners at the wildly expanded, five-acre Garden of the Gods pool complex at Caesars Palace.
- Culinary Conversation With Chef Wolfgang Puck: New to the program this year, Bon Appetit Editor Barbara Fairchild holds a tête-à-tête at Bellagio's Fontana Lounge with Wolfgang, the icon who created the world of the celebrity chef. They trace the growth of Las Vegas as a dining destination.
- Masters' Series Luncheons: New this year are luncheons at The Venetian and Palazzo with CUT with Wolfgang Puck, David Burke with David Burke, Restaurant Charlie with Charlie Trotter and Valentino with Luciano Pellegrini and Piero Selvaggio.
- Better by the Bay With Alain Ducasse and Charlie Palmer: Dine for the first time under the stars with a beachside barbecue at Mandalay Bay's 11-acre tropical water environment and 1.6 million gallon wave pool. Enjoy an East Coast-inspired menu from Charlie Palmer and tastes from coastal France created by Alain Ducasse. Beach attire required.
- Chef's Table With Alain Ducasse: New this year is a seat at the table with renowned French chef Alain Ducasse at Mix atop The Hotel at Mandalay Bay. A small group of Vegas Uncork'd guests will join him as he conducts his seasonal menu changes.
- Fashion Feast: A Delicious Evening of Style and Taste at Bellagio: New this year, haute cuisine meets savory couture. This event delivers front row access to Bellagio chefs and Via Bellagio designers while indulging in a five-course dinner accompanied by wine pairings selected by Bellagio Wine Director and Master Sommelier Jason Smith.
- Culinary Theater: Two Master Chefs Collide: Chef Rick Moonen of RM Seafood and Hubert Keller of Fleur de Lys, both at Mandalay Bay, have mastered the art of entertainment in the kitchen and onstage. They prepare their favorite signature dishes and dish about each other in this new event.
- Celebrity Chef Black Jack: Try your luck poolside at Encore with icons of the culinary world such as Bobby Flay, Charlie Palmer, Joel Robuchon, Alex Stratta, Kim Canteenwalla and Carlos Guia. Afterward, the excitement continues at the spectacular XS nightclub.
- Payard Patisserie and Bistro Tea & Dessert Demonstration at Caesars Palace: Celebrate Mother's Day weekend with a unique and scrumptious glimpse into the technique of Payard Patisserie and his classic Parisian pastry shop. New to the program this year.