In just ten days the String Cheese Incident will invade Live Oak, Florida with their spooktacular Halloween-themed music festival Hulaween. Kicking off on October 31, String Cheese Incident will be joined by headliners STS9 and Big Gigantic with supporting performances from Emancipator, Conspirator, Steve Kimock & Friends, Brock Butler and many more.
Help us count down the ten days leading up to Hulaween with the top ten reasons to attend this fabulous festival. Tickets can be purchased here.
1. 9.25 hours of cheese - Starting off with a special three-set show on Halloween night, String Cheese Incident will grace our eyes and ears with nearly half-a-day of unrepentant music-making. The sextet has two decades of tunes in their instrumental arsenal so prepare yourselves for tons of throwbacks, a few contemporary tracks and boundless unadulterated jammage.
2. The ideal festival venue - Long-time home to jamband music festivals such as Bear Creek, Aura and Purple Hatters Ball, Suwannee Music Park’s expansive stage designs and flawless acoustics make it the perfect setting for any musical event. Located on the banks of the Suwannee River, the park’s sweeping Oak trees, rambling Spanish moss and breezy lakeside camping plots invite attendees to bask in the beauty of its nearly-untouched nature.
3. Play dress-up - The Halloween-themed event encourages guests to throw on their craziest costume garb and flashback to the trick-or-treating nights of yesteryear. Whether you’re donning a Scooby Doo body-suit, a mystical fairy tu-tu, or even a superhero mask, you’ll have endless laughs scoping out your peers’ get-ups and taking on a spooky alter-ego for the night.
4. The first-ever Spirit Lake Promenade - Taking advantage of Suwannee’s capacious fields like no other festival has done before, Hulaween will transform a portion of the venue into a visual arts extravaganza called the Spirit Lake Promenade. Flanked by mesmerizing light installations, art exhibits and live performance art, Spirit Lake will feature work from some of the Southeast's most talented fire/metal workers, sculptors, lighting designers and painters.
5. No overlapping sets - With only one band performing at a time, patrons won’t miss a beat of music as they travel homogeneously between the Main Stage and the Spirit Lake Stage. The conflict-free schedule will also give attendees additional time to explore all corners of the wondrous campground.
6. The Suwannee Bluegrass Surprise - Previously kept a secret to leave excited fans guessing, the Suwannee Bluegrass Surprise has been unveiled as the legendary Leftover Salomon. Hailing from Boulder, the five-piece jam-band promises to entertain guests with their unique blend of bluegrass, country, rock, cajun and zydeco.
7. Late-night Silent Disco - When the sun goes down, the music rages on at the Silent Disco. Nestled in the Spirit Lake Promenade, creatures of the night can jam out quietly while sporting wireless headphones, tuning into a diverse variety of groovy channels.
8. Impeccable variety of music - The String Cheese Incident has curated an incredibly eclectic lineup, incorporating genres ranging from funk to soul to bluegrass to rock to ambient and everything in between. Whether you’re bobbing your head to Eliot Lipp’s synthesized magic or dancing your socks off to Big Gigantic’s livetronica fusion, Hulaween satiates the appetites of music fanatics from all walks of life.
9. Five VIP packages - Hulaween knows how to camp in comfort, offering up five different VIP packages which are sure to meet all of your luxury-festival needs. From dining alongside festival staff and artists, to lounging in cabins and fully-stocked RVs, to receiving exclusive swag bags and utilizing VIP indoor bathrooms, Hulaween’s VIP packages will let you live like royalty while partying like animals.
10. Join the family - Festivals at the Suwannee Music Park possess an infectious element of inclusiveness, welcoming every attendee into our tight-knit music-loving community for the weekend. From deadheads and ravers to veterans and newbees, each camper is embraced with open arms to enjoy three peaceful days of friendship, love and infinite grooving.