I must confess I never thought of saving earth by going to a club before. I first heard of the Greenhouse club because it was a gorgeous, fancy place. Then I realised how special this space is. It is nothing but he first eco-friendly, LEED* registered nightclub in New York designed by Nightlife impresario Jon B.
Check out these amazing lights ! This is something between Alice in Wonderland and Saturday Night Fever. Every thing is recycled and can be recycled as you can see.
LEED certification of Greenhouse nightclub is a designation granted by the U.S. Green Building Council for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design whereas:
- Everything from building materials and garbage disposal, energy and water usage are regulated and reduced.
- Walls and floors are made of sustainable bamboo.
- LED light bulbs are used which use 1/13th of the energy of a regular light bulb.
- Staff uniforms are made in Africa by Edun, a clothing company owned by Bono and his wife, Alison Hewson.
- Electricity for the sound system and the rest of the club is 100% wind-powered.
- Even the toilets save 15,000 gallons annually.
This is not only a splendid 6000 square foot bi-level nightclub that contains a transparent ceiling fixture which creates a rolling landscape made of crystal. It is definitely one of the hottest place to go on New Year's Eve. The club has prepared some surprises we are happy to reveal before.
- 6 hour premium open bar 9pm - 3am
- Midnight champagne toast
- A delectable selection of hors d’oeuvres (9pm-11:30pm)
- A live performance by a world renowned DJ spinning sets of hip hop, dance, 80's, rock and Top 40 hits
- Live New Year's Eve 2011 countdown
- Live feed of Times Square New Year's Eve ball drop (main level only)
- Festive NYE Party Favors
- Complimentary Admission to The Official NYE 2011 After Party at TBD starting at 2AM. A $35 value, free with your Greenhouse ticket stub!
A joonbug.com photographer will capture all the merrymaking (and mischief making) of this special night. Here is where you can buy your tickets.